Sunday 15 August 2010

How to avoid camera shake.

Diane Arbus photograph, Identical Twins, Rosel...Image via Wikipedia
Welcome to the 9th edition.
This may seem like a lesson in the obvious as we all know the causes and solutions of camera shake. 
Or do we?
Before you look at the pdf consider what you think you know and then with an open mind think about if you may have missed anything?
When researching any of the lessons that I prepare I am always amazed about my assumed knowledge, especially my lack of it!
The photograph below is one that I took while Hackney Wicked was on, it was the shape of the A in the window and the almost surreal grass growing inside of the room that caught my attention.





Nicholas Brewer
I have included a famous photograph by Diane Arbus and is one that will be familiar to some of you. Have you seen Stanley Kubricks "The Shining" and can you remember the twins at the end? This photograph inspired him so it is easy to see how one medium informs another.
"The thing that's important to know is that you never know. You're always sort of feeling your way."
Diane Arbus.

How to avoid camera shake -




No comments:

Post a Comment