Thursday 29 July 2010

Secrets of Professional Portrait Photographers'

Hi Welcome to the 8th edition of the blog.
If you want to make your portraits look like they have been shot by a seasoned pro and scream out " I have something to say" then I have some great news.
Between us we can make that happen.




This a picture of Charlie Kray the older brother of The Kray Twins notorious gangsters during the 1960's. I wanted  him to give me that intense stare and it took many frames and quite a lot of whisky to achieve it.  I knew what I wanted to say and started from there, once you have a starting point you can always return to it if you lose your way. 


As usual there is a pdf below for you to download that will explain how to make the eyes look a little more interesting. The tip is used by the likes of Terry O'Neill and I should know as I assisted for him many years ago.


Have a look in the eyes? Do you notice anything about them? Why not look again once you have read the pdf?


This weekend is Hackney Wicked a large arts festival near to the Olympic Village which is full of amazing work from artists photographers and designers. If you are in London it is well worth a visit.


"If there is a single quality that is shared by all great men, it is vanity." Yousaf Karsh

Professional Photographic Portraits -






No comments:

Post a Comment