Sunday 21 August 2011

Never give up on photography.

After putting 'pictures of disappointment' into Google images this was the best one I could find. There were various images dealing with 'sexual disappointment' but I decided not to go there. So why am I disappointed? The twins who I am meant to be photographing today could not make it. 
'The measure of a man is the way he bears up under misfortune." Plutarch I re-tweeted this earlier on today and while it is bit of an exaggeration to describe my situation in this way it did get me thinking. Photography is not for the faint hearted and if you are not committed to it then it probably will not happen. Perseverance is a quality that all photographers must have to succeed. I need to be reminded of this fact as much as anyone.
Henri Cartier-Bresson
The above picture is a less well known image by the great master and I hope it inspires you as much as it does me. 
It is like a shot of adrenalin.

No comments:

Post a Comment